INTRADISTRICT SCHOOL OF CHOICE GUIDELINES
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE FILLING OUT THE SCHOOL OF CHOICE FORM.
The Irvine Unified School Intradistrict/School Choice process provides the opportunity for parents/legal guardians to request attendance at a school other than their assigned residence school. The initial lottery window to apply for an Intradistrict School Choice transfer runs from January 8 through February 23, 2024.
Process for Elementary School Choice - Incoming Grades PK-6
*Note: Elementary school choice requests are submitted directly to their school. To assure that the approval is random and unbiased, the approval process is implemented as follows:
- The school choice window begins the first day school resumes after winter break and ends the last Friday in February.
- Parents/Legal Guardian complete an online School Choice Form and submit it on the website of the desired school site.
- Based on request forms submitted by the deadline, a lottery is held and waiting lists (by grade level and site) are established.
- Requests received after the deadline are added to the end of the established waiting list.
- Periodically, schools are closed to School Choice due to high enrollment.
- Parent/Legal Guardian must provide transportation to the requested school.
- Transferring your child to a different school other than their assigned school may result in your child not matriculating with their peers.
- Parents/legal guardians must provide transportation to the requested school.
- Due to the high volume of requests, we are unable to provide status updates regarding your request.
- Middle school students who live in the Columbus Grove area that are assigned to Lakeside MS and would like to exercise choice to have their child attend Venado, should use the Intradistrict/School choice process to submit a request.
GREENTREE ELEMENTARY OPEN ENROLLMENT (SCHOOL OF CHOICE), PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BY CLICKING HERE: School of Choice Form
Please contact the requested elementary school directly for students in elementary grades regarding school choice. Requests submitted through the Parent Portal for elementary school grades will not be processed. Please see further instructions below.
For currently enrolled IUSD students who will be attending middle school or high school during the 2024/2025 school year, you may submit a request through your parent portal by following the instructions below.
- Click on the banner titled: The 2024-2025 Intradistrict/School Choice lottery window is open
- Under the Student Info tab, click on School of Choice Requests
- Review the Parent Acknowledgment and Instructions
- Click on Create New School Choice Request
- Complete the request and SAVE
You may log into your Parent Portal account to view the status of your request. Due to the high volume of requests received, we are unable to provide status updates regarding a request.
For students currently enrolled in a private/non-IUSD school who reside within the attendance boundary of IUSD and wish to submit an intradistrict/school choice lottery request to a school other than the assigned residential school, please click here to submit a request. If you are a current IUSD student, requests using this link will not be processed.
More information can be found on the IUSD website at the following link: